Date: September 23, 2018 (Sunday Morning Service)
Bible Text: 2 Corinthians 9:6-11 | Mike McCombie
Faith Promise Sunday @ The World Evangelism Missions Conference.
We are commanded to be ye thankful. What is a faith promise offering for missions? It is a plan from God to supply funds for world evangelism through the churches. People promise the amount on their heart through their church to give to God by faith above your regular offerings. It is not a get rich program for believers. It is a biblical form of faith giving. It is also a plan that proves the sincerity of our love for Jesus. What matters most besides our family? Where do we spend most of our money? Let us pray and give of ourselves what God puts on our hearts, for He and His kingdom is at the top of our priorities! We are so blessed to be SAVED!
These are biblical ----
- Faith: Launching out into the deep with your nets out. Have you placed your faith alone in Jesus?
- Promise: To pay or do the sum or thing agreed to. Should be taken carefully, seriously to God. Do not slack or defer to pay it to God. It is sin not to make good of this.
- Offering: Biblical. Will a man rob God? How many Christians have robbed God of his money? The Bible clearly says we should give to God and He will bless us.
- Giving: God has given each of us something we can give back to Him to help reach lost souls, whether money or time or talent, to do of His good pleasure. See that we abound in this grace also. This is one of the basics of being a Christian.
Faith promise is that we make the promise and then DO IT. To know good and to do it not is to sin! In this instance, the promise is between you and God. It is more blessed to give than to receive.
- Be in God's perfect will for your life (church, prayer, tithes, giving)
- Be in communion with God in finances. Pray about it. Don't be influenced by others.
- Understand the principles of finance in the Bible. 1 cor 8-9
- Cut expenses and don't get in debt, for debt will prevent you from giving!
- God may choose to increase our income to give more, according to His will, and if we are faithful
"Never be afraid to entrust an unknown future to a known God."